Monday, April 1, 2013

im single and i have no idea how to mingle

you know i'll probably never have the guts to try online dating, so here's my bio if i were to make an OkCupid account (haha lol) :

my self-summary

congratulations! you've chosen to open my profile after a minute of hesitation, because my profile picture have succeeded in deceiving you into thinking im kinda cute and worthy of your time... whether or not you're making a mistake, you'll find out soon enough, if you can actually be bothered reading this all the way. or maybe you just opened my profile to see if my other pictures (if any) prove that im not that terrible looking. normally i would accuse you of being shallow, but let's be honest here, looks do matter.

to save your time, this is my life in bullet points:
  • first and foremost, i love my music. if you can tolerate them, that'd be cool. if you enjoy them as well, that'd be swell. if you do the latter and also enjoy going to every show possible, that'd be absolutely rad, and i may or may not take you home.
  • on that note, i love pop punk, emo (it's not a phase okay mum), and hardcore. be a pal and let's go to shows together and buy me a drink and hold my hand as we get in the mosh pit.
  • im way too inferior to even consider myself an intellectual, but i do enjoy a wide variety of topics to discuss, from hentai, to the holocaust, to homemade bacon, so let's talk about these things over coffee (or a pint). i have opinions, but im not that opinionated so we can have a chill time while talking about rad ideas.
  • i enjoy works of literary fiction. if you can describe a book with something along the lines of "author's fucked in the head" or "terribly disturbing", there's a huge chance i might enjoy it.
  • i like comedy; i like watching funny shows from the 90s, witty remarks, and a healthy dose of sarcasm. 
  • im more cheesy than your favourite pizza.
  • i play guitar badly, but i like to think i can sing, with my whiny, ceiling voice. consider yourself warned.
  • im into all things photography. im aware this makes me sound like a try-hard, 15 year old hipster wannabe, but i really do. however, im still mourning over the loss of my photoshop.
  • did i mention shows?
  • i apologise too much about everything...... sorry for that, in advance.
what i'm doing with my life

im currently studying at university, and i really hope i can work somewhere in the music industry, within my genres. i love recommending stuff to listen to, and it gives me the best satisfaction if people actually like them, so to do this for a living would be a dream come true.

other than that, im doing well being a full-time loser.

i'm really good at:

  • annoying people with my high ceiling voice
  • being indecisive
  • discovering good, new music, and obsessing over them
  • crying/laughing (am i sad? am i happy? you'll never know.)
  • being angsty for the dumbest reasons
  • (over)analysing things, having a whinge about them, and doing absolutely nothing to fix them
  • making references to lyrics, and sometimes, lines from movies/TV shows
  • writing in sharpie
the first things people usually notice about me:
  • my paranoia
  • my self-deprecation
  • my angst
favourite books, movies, shows, music, and food:

repeating myself would sound redundant, so to add to that, i enjoy nerdisms like Tolkien stuff, the Game of Thrones, medieval-y stuff. i still like heaps of cartoons as well; i'm basically 12. some anime are cool too. be a mate and show me other good stuff, then we can definitely enjoy them together.

i like italian, mexican, thai, japanese, chinese, indonesian, and korean food. oh and sweet stuff. let's be pigs together.

the six things i could never do without:
  1. my music
  2. dairy products
  3. a good, fully-functioning laptop with high-speed, reliable internet connection
  4. my close friends as a collective
  5. coffee
  6. comfortable, baggy sweaters
i spend a lot of time thinking about:

"i wish im at a show"
"why did i say that"
"i wish i'd said something"
"why am i so dumb"
"i wish they would come back to melbourne and play again"
"did i lock the door before i leave?"
"im dying, i need coffee"
"i didnt have enough sleep last night"
"this album is so good, i love it so much"
"this band is so good, i love them so much"
"this song wont stop playing in my head"
"when's the next show im gonna watch?"

on a typical friday night i am:

having a quiet night in with my close friends, getting hyper over chocolate milk and laughing at various things on the internet, watching a dumb movie, talking about everyone and everything. but i also enjoy going out and having drinks.

im looking for:
a cool dude who's kinda like me. but cooler. and a little more mature. open-minded and humble. skates. takes me on cute dates at shows. no bad tattoos please. being able to sing/play instruments is a huge plus. 

you should message me if:
refer to the question above. and if this bio didnt annoy the shit out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment