Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a proud sixer

You Me At Six. 30 August 2011, The Hi-Fi, Melbourne

i thought i wouldn't be able to see them live that night, but i did. i was already feeling bummed bigtime, but then my dear friend Jane decided she didn't want to come home yet and she'd take me there. I paid for half her ticket price but I didnt care, I was too psyched to be able to see my favorite band live.

The venue was just down the road on Swanston street, but I forgot my passport so I had to go back and get it... and I managed to forget my keys and stuff, but eventually we got in just before We The Kings performed. We got a spot by the staircase not far from the stage, so we got almost eye-level with the band.


Then YMAS came out and they're amazing, so fucking amazing live. It's really an incomparable bliss when you finally hear these people, who wrote and played these songs you sing along and cried to at night, in the same room as you, just a few meters away.

and i swear, i had eye contact with Max Helyer. or so i think. he's probably thinking, wow, this asian girl knows all the lyrics to our songs!

Matt is the hottest that night haha. His hair doesn't look so emo now, and it makes him a lot cooler. I've always seen Josh as more of the big-brother type. And Max used to be really cute but his beard and hair made him look weirder... but I like his smile haha.

but yeah, they played all the songs i loved, from both Hold Me Down and Take Off Your Colours. and i recorded fireworks. :')




sinners never sleep, baby
the amazing 'sinner' bracelet
ran well out of money but it was all well spent. im just bummed i didnt have enough at that time to pre-order a (might be signed) copy of their new album, Sinners Never Sleep. oh well.

setlist:
1. The Consequence
2. Kiss and Tell
3. Save It for the Bedroom
4. Playing the Blame Game
5. Loverboy
6. Safer to Hate Her
7. Trophy Eyes
8. If I Were In Your Shoes
9. Fireworks
10. Liquid Confidence
11. Stay With Me
12. Underdog

i love all of those songs, too bad they didnt play You've Made Your Bed and Gossip haha

and i cant be grateful enough for each and every one of them; Josh, Matt, Max, Dan, and Chris. Their songs, Josh's voice, accompany me well through my toughest times. I cant tell you how much I've played Fireworks on repeat. And compliment on their amazing riffs and brilliant lyrics.

I promise, the time I see Josh Franceschi, I'd give him a hug. Hell, I'd give each and every one of them a hug :)

No comments:

Post a Comment