Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a few observations:

1. "Never put your (best) friends behind your partner. Lovers come and go, but friends stay forever. I can live without lovers but not without friends." >> chyeah right. then dont fucking complain when your significant other is "prioritizing his/her friend over me, I'm more important and shit". If you don't put your partner as a number one, then don't expect your partner will. Go set your priorities straight. Hey, I value friendship highly, I just think some people have double standards.

2. if partners don't mean as much as your friends... why did you fucking date them, try to make them happy, and may eventually marry them? By the time you're married and have your own family, you can no longer choose your friends over them.

3. that first statement... what if your partner IS your best friend?

4. long distance relationships can have a literal and figurative meaning. the literal one can work out as long as both parts are willing to put some effort into it. but it's so much harder to be in a literal AND figurative long distance relationship, where you're not just separated geographically, but also miles apart in the hearts.

5. eloquence doens't always mean brilliance.

on a side note,
i have a tendency to overestimate people. this only brings... disappointment as i often see my expectations crumbled, torn apart by reality. however.. i doubt i want to underestimate people.. I don't want to lick my own spit or get utterly shocked. I want to be the one who has the last laugh. I'm supposed to be the black horse, the underdog. But I love it when people underestimate me. At least I can crack a cheshire smile later when i prove them wrong. I love to see them eat their own words. Damn, I love it when i'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment